Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Keep Holding On

I know it's been a while but I finally finished a new rap song called "Keep Holding On". This idea has been brewing in my mind for a long time. I wrote it in response to the gay suicides that have occurred in the past year. I was very fortunate to have a great family and friends that I used as a support system, but it saddens me deeply that others don't get the same luxury. I can't understand feeling like there is no other option besides taking your own life ... that just aint right. I also always turned to music whenever I was in a dark place ... it was my beacon of light (all pun intended). I wanted to write something that could possibly help someone realize they arent alone. Being gay is definitely something I struggle with but I promise things do get better ... other people will come around. Ignorance plays a huge role in these tragedies. If more gay people spoke up and out more people would realize how common homosexuality is. I mean anybody ... a mother, a brother, a son, a co-worker, a police man, a doctor, a football player could be gay. I hope this song gets heard and helps! Check it out on my music myspace playlist under featured.


Peace and 1

No comments:

Post a Comment