Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Addicted To 420

Wake and bake is great
When my brain function isn’t at stake
Over time the damage done will eventually heal
Wish I could just learn to better cope with how I feel
My lungs must be blackened and shot
Weed unmotivates me into an absent minded fog
Definitely shouldn’t be an unprofessional jerk
Getting all blitzed or stoned before or during work
Need to get back into exercising and writing
Instead of constantly lighting or igniting
To deal with the harsh reality of things
Plus smoke is terrible for anyone who sings
Simply got to stop toking marijuana
Though I know I really don’t wanna
It is good for my overall health
Perhaps I’ll actually acquire some wealth
Since I’m not wasting away money
The amount I’ve spent on pot is not even funny
However tough this endeavor may be
Life’s stresses won’t get the best of me
With the will that I have to survive
And wanting my music career to thrive
Being sober should help give me the drive
To not be so lazy and get high all the time
Mostly I dabble when I’m bored or floored
But I’ve got to cut the umbilical chord
Never thought I’d become addicted
Without it I’m extremely moody and vindictive
Extra drastic sporadic and spastic
A super sarcastic bastard
In the past I’ve tried gradually quitting
Yet the bad habit keeps persisting
Before I would lie and hide the fact I was afraid
Felt I was well above having to go to NA
Now I realize I do need some support and help
The hardest person admitting this problem to was myself


Peace and 1
Joe Conscious

11/23/11

No comments:

Post a Comment