Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crazy Pride Week Events!!!!!

First off Saturday, June 16th was "Higher Consciousness" which featured me, Joe Conscious, doing a half hour of performing poetry and hip hop music at Faetopia. This was a hugely intimate yet successful show. I had about 20 of my friends acquaintances and fans show up some of which saw me for the very first time. I performed 4 a capella poems that were mostly gay themed as well as 4 rap tracks. I got tremendous positive feedback from this performance. I was told my stage presence had vastly improved to where I was opening my eyes smiling and interacting with the audience while staying in the zone!

Then last Tuesday, June 19th I went to the Supper Club to do a radio/tv podcast interview with Bernadette where I had about 10 mins of interview and a lil a capella poetry and music thrown in there too. It was hugely successful and as soon as I get the youtube link I will post for all of u to watch.

Last but certainly not least ... was Pride this past Sunday, June 24th. I performed a lil poetry clip and 2 rap tracks on the Faerie Freedom Village stage! This was by far my best performance to date!!!!! I think it was a combination of it being Pride and my first one in fact in SF as well as the amazing energy of the totally attentive crowd. Wasnt necessarily my largest audience but there were a good 50 people at least. Tonight im going into the studio to start recording 2 tracks: one for my first JC album the other is a verse for one of my new producer's beats that im collaborating with Shinobi on for "Tha Glitch" project.

Until next time...


Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious

No comments:

Post a Comment