Wednesday, April 12, 2017

An Honorable Mention

Is anybody even really reading my poems, how does a musician get gigs sponsors or loans, my biggest problem is funding, the lack of support from friends is stunning, I mean we all need a lil help, but when it comes to financial matters it's everyone for themselves, I work 2 jobs to fund my music, record labels today seem to be useless, except to drown artists in debt, after the government takes its share and bills are paid there isn't much left, then uve got producers engineers and lawyers sticking their hands in my pockets, gotta pay to play djs and venues limiting exposure in radio and club markets, cds have become obsolete, watch my YouTube videos please, I need to increase my I-Tunes Amazon SoundCloud and Spotify numbers, advertise and entice fans to become better crowd-funders, what consumers don't understand, if u don't listen and buy my songs I don't stand a chance, shine that spotlight on me for that 5 minutes of fame, so at least ya'll will recognize my name, my whispered tagline Joe Conscious is pretty catchy, I wish industry moguls or rich people would vet me, seems if a person in a position of power with some clout, vouches for u or is seen with u out and about, that's enough to garner attention, I'd settle for an Inquirer or TMZ honorable mention, I mean there is no such thing as a visible mainstream gay white rapper, patience is a virtue I haven't yet mastered, don't misunderstand me fortune isn't what I'm after, I'm tired of expressing my dreams and being met with laughter, my passion/art is not a joke, truly listen to hear the words my heart and soul bared wrote and spoke, I'm a very special rare unique talent, my time effort and dedication has been genuine and valiant, I do it out of love, but like Patty Smyth sings "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough"!

Peace and 1,
JC
4/12/17

No comments:

Post a Comment