Thursday, December 28, 2017

Killing Time Writing A New Rhyme

Felt like killing some time, so I thought I'd write a new rhyme, to keep my skills up to par, being an indy artist is hard, I have to wear many hats, and can never get too lax, cuz fans are fickle, they'll diminish and whittle, with each passing moment, there's need for atonement, I can't create songs that fast, I like classic tracks that'll last, soulful and epic, hypnotizing magnetic and electric, I'm very empathetic, focusing on my lyricism and rhetoric, cuz I definitely have something to say, I add value since I'm middle class college educated white and gay, not better just a different perspective, when it comes to hip hop and rap I'm super protective, especially of its legacy, it's easy to get caught up in envy or jealousy, but there's room for us all, everyone on top eventually falls, but that doesn't mean u failed, or have been derailed, it's simply another person's turn, I get more motivated after being burned, especially if done maliciously or viciously, make sure u turn the volume up to focus and really listen to me, this ain't no mumble shit, I try to limit my sarcasm to humbled wit, cuz it can come off as conceited or cocky, I get pumped hearing the theme song to Rocky, reminds me of the good ole soccer days, I've grown so much and in many different ways, no longer wanna be a lawyer, less of a wallflowerish voyeur, outgoing extroverted and brave, don't always behave, try not to worry about an early grave, very stubborn and refuse to cave, but open to criticism and suggestions, I like to switch my style up and keep em guessing, since I don't sing great, I enjoy finding talent to collaborate, I won't strive to be the best, live life with minimal regrets, wonder if I'm passing God's test, wish I could give my mind a rest, from over analyzing and thinking, the years fly by in the blink of an instant, especially as I get older, don't wanna become pessimistically jaded and colder, maintain my hope and faith, when I'm with my boyfriend I feel secure and safe, he's my world my heart my soul, supports me in achieving my dreams and goals, he's extremely compassionate and caring, courageous a lil dangerous and daring, but passionately driven and consistent in his love for me, I get his kisses cuddles and hugs for free, whenever and wherever I want, he's an amazing cook too and should open a restaurant, or he also is interesting in djing and tending bar, no matter what he chooses to do he'll go far, cuz he plays his cards with street smart, not afraid to reach for the stars, sticking together forever we can conquer whatever, I think and believe we truly make each other better!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious
12/28/17

No comments:

Post a Comment