Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Art That'll Move U & Can Groove To

My words invoke feelings more so than beautiful imagery, sometimes I find spoken word performers too gimmicky, but I appreciate art in all forms, I love watching inspiration as it spawns, it's infectious and inevitable like friction, pay attention to ur tone dialect and diction, don't forget that with great power comes responsibility, y'all may think my dreams are silly, but I take music very seriously, time and money vanish mysteriously, like enough is never enough, I don't seem to have that kinda luck, apparently I work hard but not smart, I sing from my soul gut and heart, cuz like Kelly "I wanna move u", wanna make music that makes u think and groove to, that isn't just an escape, but something u can relate, I ain't no ghetto gangster, when I'm hurt I often lash out with anger, it's not a good look, I hate that hip hop's legacy represents  the stereotypical hood crook, there's a fine line between rebel and thug, the only way we win is with love, gotta learn to ignore evil people, wear flashy classy costumes that are unbelievably chic and regal, it's all about the visual, I've always been simple and minimal, my personality's what's larger than life,sorry not sorry I gripe over endless strife, I'm not one dimensionally prim proper and polite, I make mistakes for sure but I try to do what's right, if I must make amends, I'm willing to start all over again, even tho I'm scared, I refuse to be ruled by fear, once the storm has cleared, shaved my head and beard, and my spirits are lifted, I will remember to appreciate all that I've been gifted, be grateful, and way less hateful, hopefully my faith, will help keep me safe, otherwise what's the point, the constant consistent pain's got me frustrated and annoyed, fuck these nonsensical lessons, how do I perceive these trials and tribulations as blessings, nothing goes my way or works in my favor, rarely am I fairly compensated for my labor, pretty much taken advantage of, my cock is slightly curved and slanted up, to hit that sweet g spot, existence is so stressful we need pot, it's our medicine, not into exotic meats like duck rabbit or venison, I'll stick with pigs chickens and cows, anyone else sick of the unanswerable whys and hows, like I'm not privy to that info, I wonder if the devil is a nympho, since Jesus was immaculately conceived, when does gay sex get a cosmic reprieve, I don't wanna automatically go to hell, I'm Italian so when I'm passionate I yell, and use my hands, I don't respect dictator style orders and demands, I thought we lived in a democracy, seems more like the land of hypocrisy, only an illusion we're free, capitalism is conducing greed, it's everybody for themselves, no one wants to lend a hand and help, our government's gotta do something about the unequal distribution of wealth, it's pertinent to our country's economic health, as these polar ice caps melt, quicker than my my pants sag without a belt, the ocean level rises, Congress has got to reach some compromises, and work nonpartisan together, humanity can do so much better, but we repeat history instead, maybe we will evolve once the older generation is dead!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious
10/2/18

No comments:

Post a Comment