Monday, March 2, 2009

Believe In Me (Freestyle)

When it comes to life i tend to jump in, wind up stumblin and fumblin, keep my eyes closed, try not to show how im bashful, a real shy guy, usually high, to avoid all the stress, nothings for certain its all just guess, loved ones think they know best, u can't forsake them cause they make u blessed, I must confess, I'm having trouble making my own dreams manifest, I don't know how, to make u proud, with ur extreme expectations, combined with my youthful impatience, there seems to be no pleasin u, other's success and happiness are a tease too, just not good enough, I always take the road that's tough, gotta walk in my own shoes, don't follow other people's rules, I won't respect authority, or follow the majority, can't take advice, avoiding making the same mistakes twice, impossible to learn from other people's lessons, my failures and imperfections are my blessins, I find it hard to admit when I'm wrong, even harder to show my true talent through song, afraid of all the criticism, from people only pretending to listen, a groovy beat, is my message's defeat, maybe my entire album will be acappella, to show how im a diversified music fella, love hip hop rap and r&b, love to sing about a love story like they do in country, what happened to music being inspiration, musicians speaking out without reservations, everythings censored getting more and more generic, talent and originality's becoming esoteric, I think society's losing sight, the difference between what's wrong and the right, kids are getting spoiled and lazy, becoming unloyal and crazy, told too many lies, to save u the pain is the excuse they cry, leaving us ill prepared for the truth, the reality of life's aloof, what am I working so hard for, when the lucrative jobs are drug dealer and a whore, u pave the road to hell, with ideas like sex sells, beauty over brains, all u need is fortune and fame, no time for friends and family, u can buy them with all ur money, forget credentials its who u know, pretend to be a friend even tho ur a foe, the more fake u r, the more u become like that famous hollywood star, caught up in playing ur next role, all that money's goin towards hell's next toll, while ur falling south im rising, my good values and beliefs i refuse comprimising, i can only portray me, hope God still has faith in my destiny, in my prayers all im askin, is to help me have the stregnth to follow my passions, whether I fail or succeed, but please just let my parents be pleased and believe in me! -Joe Conscience Original


Peace and 1

6/30/08

No comments:

Post a Comment