Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Achieve The Dream: My Story Of Epic & Legendary Glory

Why are ya'll afraid to listen to music that makes u feel and think, lyricism and conscious inspiration are becoming extinct, it's like we lost our soul, what is an artist's ultimate goal, these days it seems it's all about the fast cash, like life's a 50 yard dash, fuck slow and steady, they'll pass u over and step on u if u ain't ready, I never actually realized, it's the reason we have two eyes, keep one forward and the other looking back, it's sad how things from ur past, can build self doubt and fear, u shouldn't be embarrassed or sorry for shedding tears, even if ur a guy, don't let it wound ur pride, and learn to control that ego, some of the most surgically altered vain people I've met were in Weho, what's with Hollywood's need for youth, is the government just inept and unable to give us the truth, letting us decide, cuz u get no say in who lives or dies, focus on the economy and our failing capitalistic democracy, we're the laughing stock of the whole globe after we showed our hypocrisy, conquering other places, ignoring the money and resources we've wasted, when we could've been bettering our own, fuck not having free health care and excessive high interest college loans, why are we the only industrialized first world wealthy country not to provide these, everyone can blatantly see the corruption and greed, but nobody wants to do a damn thing, "Joe don't talk politics or religion when u write poetry rap or sing", ull never obtain commercial success that way, ur already short bald white and gay, which doesn't really help my cause, stereotypes and ignorant assumptions give me such pause, how have we not learned yet, why haven't I earned respect, how many songs have u written and performed, big studio labels are literally the devil's spawn, ripping off true talent, in the court of opinion there ain't no fair or balanced, u are ur reputation image and bank account, do u have the ability to shock wow and astound, cuz I sure as hell do, if u can't then take a seat or simply move, ur blocking my road, whenever I'm in need of motivation I put on Whitney Houston's "Tell Me No", it's all attitude and sass, any and all haters can kiss my ass, I ain't never gonna stop or give up, I don't do it for ur approval fame or fortune it's just for the love, the rest is up to a lil luck and mainly fate, if I make it great, but if for some reason I don't, regret and shame are never embraced or condoned, I'll hold my head high, won't be bashful or shy, and still will share my story, even being from a small state like lil Rhodey I believe I'll achieve my dream of epic and legendary glory!

Peace and 1,
JC
8/9/17

No comments:

Post a Comment