Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Don't Rely On Drugs Bucks Or Luck Just Hugs & Love

Hate how money rules my life, it's the cause of most my anguish and strife, if only I had more, I'll tell ya'll what I'd use it for, to make conscious poetic hip hop music, I wouldn't be wasteful and abuse it, I'd share the wealth, focus on better health, could buy organic food, would I be considered shrewd, with it comes power and respect, I'd have to boost security to help protect, everybody wants some, perhaps I'd actually have time for vacation and fun, it's been years, paycheck to paycheck I'm consumed with fear, what if I lose my job again, I can't keep overextending family and friends, I'm even sick of me, wish education and insurance were free, like all the other first world countries, the hypocrisy of our capitalistic democracy isn't funny, it's tragically sad, and often makes me furiously mad, it's corrupt and greedy, why don't the 1% aid the 99% that are struggling and needy, no one said existence was fair, but their so selfish and don't even care, no one needs 5 cars and 3 homes, the majority of working poor can't get loans, the price of goods rises but not incomes, can't afford champagne to go with din sum, not that that sounds appealing, my art gives me a way of expressing how I'm feeling, and hopefully people can connect and relate, pray success is my destiny/fate, cuz I work extremely hard, expose both my soul and heart, putting it all on the line, with deep intellectually stimulating rhymes, it's not only my passion but my purpose, grow greater from experiencing things that hurt us, are u willing to go the length, and find ur inner strength, like love conquer all, get back up with u fall, and phoenixly rise, learn to compromise, but yet don't settle, mind ur own business u shouldn't meddle, focus on the present, altho the past is upsetting, it doesn't dictate what's to come, I won't forget where I'm from, stay humble and modest, genuine straight forward and honest, tomorrow is never promised, give the truth untarnished and unvarnished, there's no such thing as alternative facts, make sure u surround urself with real people who've got ur back, and won't stab u, do things cuz u want not have to, always try ur best, when u sin confess, we all are fallible and make mistakes, nothing's more annoying than fake flakes, ruining ur expectations hopes wishes and dreams, found my partner who works as a team, even when things are rough and tough, there's a foundation built on a whole lotta love, we won't ever give up, and don't rely on luck, tho it seems we're stuck and fucked, all we need is each other not dough or bucks, have enough materialistic possessions, I'm his and he's my obsession, we're addicted like drugs, and all my problems melt away with a kiss and a big bear hug!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious
11/7/17 

No comments:

Post a Comment