Monday, June 18, 2018

Try As Many Times As U Need To Succeed

Another year of the same old same old, why as we age don't we also grow, we need more diversity and inclusion, I'm sorry my mere presence is an intrusion, entertainers come in all backgrounds and forms, who decides and defines the norms, I rather not conform, it's so boring, keep being told to pay my dues, which is almost as annoying as the phrase fake news, I won't play politics, isn't performance all about talent skill and competence, every venue should be different, gay pride shouldn't be about being drunk vulgar or belligerent, all about shock value, like they just have to, make their point being offensive, always gotta be bigger flashier and more excessive, in most cases losing substance, can ya'll understand my reluctance, my own community doesn't support me, but more importantly, we're becoming judgmental and cliquey, I'm sure once I'm gone ya'll won't notice or miss me, I've lost my self confidence and worth, being left out hurts, tired of not even being acknowledged, I graduated from both high school and college, yet not compensated fairly, was hoping to be accepted by the leather and bear communities cuz I'm kinky chubby and hairy, no matter what, love is what I got, along with hope and faith, it's hard to have the patience to wait, when it seems those 15 mins aren't coming, it's hip hop that appears racist and shunning, ostracized cuz I'm gay and white, don't worry I expected the fight of my life, nothing is easy, this world's being run by the greedy evil and sleezy, they don't give a fuck about the needy, no wonder my eyes are repeatedly beady, I stay high all the time, so I can stay rationally sane and my mind fine, it's hard to maintain balance, we've turned away from empathy and valiance, morals and ethics are perceived cheesy, no one follows the golden rule and treats peeps decently, it's everyone for themselves, did u freeze ur stem cells, perhaps I should get cloned, when will old school music royalty be dethroned, when's the next generations turn, I feel success has been earned, but still no credit, if I didn't follow my dreams I would've regretted it, remember if at first u don't succeed, try try and try again as many times as u need!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious
6/18/18

No comments:

Post a Comment