Monday, November 9, 2015

Give What U Get

My whole world seems upside down, just like my sarcastic frown, lately I've been radiating smiles, don't u just love when love pig piles, life has been kind to me lately, having good friends affects the soul greatly, I often struggle I guess, with recognizing how much I've been blessed, and of course there's a lack of patience, my eyes are shaped like an Asian's, tired of folks keep calling me privileged, what's the legacy u wanna give kids, all cops aren't evil racists, the youth sees peep's essences not the color of their gender rendered faces, I simply don't tolerate hate, I choose not to discriminate, won't get down with judging others, I've been the butt of jokes and fodder for years my dear sisters and brothers, do u have high self esteem, dare to follow ur passions and go after ur big dreams, what audacity to think I can earn a Grammy, watch me win and silence the haters who can't stomach or stand me, it must suck to see me succeed, u too can do it but first u must believe, aint nothing nobody can say, or do to get in my way, I may occasionally falter or side step, but I always forge forward and push ahead, I know the reverse is true but should u give what u get, after all u can't take money or material possessions with u when ur dead!

Peace and 1,
JC
11/9/15

No comments:

Post a Comment