Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The New American Creed

There's so much behind the scenes, that y'all just don't see, today I feel the devil's got a hold on me, are we even free, why can't we just be, corporate capitalism takes the lead, at the expense of the needy's need, the rich are obsessed with greed, while the poor can't afford to bleed, nothing is truly as it seems, success isn't earned anymore it's deemed, I'm at the point I don't know what to believe, no matter how much I beg and plead, god just leaves, so I smoke weed, feels like what matters most is words not deeds, shouldn't bite the hand that feeds, all y'all happy illusions are another taunting tease, I'm down on my knees, praying for relief, from all the recent grief, fuck world peace,  if it ain't in the streets, can't stand another second minute day or week, of being a gay white rapper/kinky freak, nobody pays attention when I speak, so I'm forced to take a seat, face defeat, yet smile at a meet and greet, while trying to help my heart beat, not sure if it's a full moon or the heat, healthy food's too expensive to eat, and everyone's caught up trying to lie steal and cheat, cuz that's the new american creed!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious 
7/19/22

No comments:

Post a Comment