Monday, February 6, 2023

Revolutionary Activism

Hip hop is revolutionary activism, but most ya'll ain't living or listening, music is supposed to be transcendent and enlightening, there's a big difference between freestyle battling and songwriting, esp since I'm only authentic and genuine, I'm much more of a humble gentleman, but that don't make me a nice chump finishing last, I don't feel the need to put others on blast, I'd rather self deprecate than appropriate, definitely ain't trying to perpetuate hate, but since I'm gay and white, best believe I'm here queer and ready to ignite that fight, to help love win, when will fun rebegin, I haven't had any since I was a kid, death and grief make it impossible to forgive, what's the point, if existence is just a Shakespearean tragedy I'm pissed off/annoyed, fairness and justice are fairytale fables, I'm always ready willing and able, to throw a R.A.P show on the spot, giving my whole heart and soul with all that I've got, to entertain y'all, while I navigate life's trustfall, knowing none of u will even try to catch me, does anyone else think about legacy, I'm still determined to make mine epic, probably seem crazy and eccentric, to think a faggot cracker rapper can succeed in the mainstream, selling out stadiums and winning Grammys, I don't care if u equally agree or believe, cuz only I can achieve my own dreams I conceive!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious 
2/6/23

No comments:

Post a Comment