Thursday, February 2, 2023

A Boss Breaking Cycles

Still trying to figure out how to break cycles that are toxic, this hamster wheel shit is tired and obnoxious, I'm pissed at god, why does life gotta be this unfair and hard, like it's simply torture we survive, seems like ain't a chance in hell on earth I'll ever thrive, even as a masculine gay white dude, thinking I can make it in the rap game am I a fool, I'm confident in myself, but nobody makes it without help, half my family is dead and gone, wondering when I no longer have to mourn, mom's health is declining, and every day I awake I'm finding, more stress pressure and responsibility, I'm only human without any super hero abilities, isn't that common sense, perhaps these are all reasons I justify staying bent, I don't drink much smoke cigs or do hard drugs, cuz I'm all about love and spreading hugs, never feel like I'm enough, no easy street all roads are tough, that's why I live to serve, u get what u give is what I've learned, instead y'all give what u get, hurt people hurt people bet, my community is broken, I've tried to be a revolutionary example being outspoken, but I'm repeatedly dismissed, equal opportunity and support are my biggest wish, am I standing on that ledge alone, my reputation and character should not be defined by who I bone, I wear my heart not my sexuality on my sleeve, I have unwavering hope and faith u best believe, I'm determined to be seen and heard, I'll use both hip hop and spoken word, whatever gets my point across, remember to never ever underestimate a boss!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious 
2/2/23

No comments:

Post a Comment