Saturday, November 18, 2023

Happiest Of Birthdays Mom

U gave me a constant feeling of safe, never needed to numb or escape, a comfortable bubble, permission to get into some innocent trouble, cuz that's how kids learn, still waiting for my turn, perhaps it's perpetual 2nd child syndrome, discrimination was never condoned, was brought up right, flight over fight, since war never solved conflict, I'd say they were pretty strict, but was allowed room to improve trust, funny tho I lack backbone and guts, mostly cuz I respected and followed the rules, I grew in and out of schools, life is ur greatest teacher, never wanted to be a leecher, my folks were the epitome example of persistence, showed me the key to succeed is resilience, don't expect perfection, parents shouldn't dictate oppression, instead be an advocate or guide, nothing is more harmful than a white lie, the truth will set us free, thank u for loving me unconditionally, it made me brave, I wish u the best and the happiest of birthdays!

Peace and 1,
Joe Conscious 
11/18/23

No comments:

Post a Comment